Thursday, December 1, 2016

NaNoWriMo -- try 2

Last month was National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo for short. With Don in the hospital, and me playing chauffeur for the month I totally missed it. I had grand ideas of picking it up by the 15th and continuing, but failed. As Thanksgiving rolled around I decided to wait until December 1 and try again. I won't commit to a word count, or even that this will lead to a novel, but I will commit to trying to write something every day.

Tonight I went to Temple Micah and heard the story of Judith -- who was the precursor to the Hanukkah story. Her tale appears in the Catholic bible, but not in the Presbyterian bible, nor in the Torah. She plies the villain with cheese and wine. Once drunk she slices off his head. Doesn't exactly make for a Disney movie.

Of note, potato latkes (a staple at Hanukkah) did not exist in biblical times. They came about in the 19th century.

Well, it is a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment