Friday, October 7, 2016

Day 2

I started this blog only yesterday with the intention of writing what is on my heart daily. Daily. As in every day. Hmm.. so what is on my heart today?

I read the book "A Man Called Ove" by a Swedish author whose name escapes me. I can relate to Ove in that I feel I am living in suburbia in a lovely neighborhood, but hardly anyone knows me, nor do I know them. In his case he has lived there nearly 40 years. I have been here 16 years. That changes for Ove when someone runs over his mailbox. All of a sudden he has people in his life.

Not sure what those ideas are going, other than they are percolating in my brain.

I've been feeling lonely for a long time now. I've been looking for a change in my life. For a while I thought that change was going to be moving within the same town. Then I thought the change would be a new job working for a local non-profit. I don't want a big change -- like death, illness, divorce, etc. -- but something that takes me out of this rut.

Today I posted a question on FB about the election -- asking people to state positively why they will vote FOR a candidate without saying because the other person is wrong. The responses have been very articulate and respectful. One person said she is voting for Trump because she wants real change -- a thought that sends shivers up and down my spine. "Real change." Isn't this what I have wanted in my life for ages now. REAL CHANGE. When she wrote that and applied it to Trump my first thought was "be careful what you wish for." REAL CHANGE in this case means also possibly throwing away all that is already good and wonderful in our country.

Is the change I am praying for going to be something that throws me for a major loop? Should I be more specific? I know we are to take all of our concerns and worries to God. I know it all happens in his time. I am often left wishing my proverbial crystal ball was not in the shop and that I could see into the future and prepare for it.

So today instead of fretting over having zero employment opportunities on the horizon (I have not even received any requests to write stories this month, and those requests usually show up in the first seven days of each month), and instead focusing on the beautiful 75 degree day by sitting on my swing with my bearded dragon (who was blessed last night) and living in the moment.

God always has our back, even when we don't think he does. So today was a day I tried to let go and let God.

Don't worry, I'll try to take that control away from him again and again because well, that's just how I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment